Please read these terms and conditions before accessing or using Wildlex
1. General. This User Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions of a license for you to use Wildlex. By accessing and/or using Wildlex, you consent and agree to comply with all of the terms and conditions of this User Agreement. The rights and obligations concerning use of Wildlex in accordance with this User Agreement are personal to you or to members of your household and are not transferable to any other person or entity. From time to time, these terms and conditions of use of Wildlex may be modified. Accordingly, please continue to review the terms and conditions whenever accessing or using Wildlex, since any use by you after any such changes, modifications, or additions shall be governed by this User Agreement.
2. Usage. Wildlex contains copyrighted material and/or other proprietary information and thus, are protected by intellectual property agreements and copyright laws and regulations worldwide. You are hereby granted a license to use, download and print the materials contained in Wildlex solely for non-commercial purposes and in accordance with this User Agreement, provided that you do not alter or remove any copyright symbol or other identification concerning authorship of any of the materials contained on or otherwise made available to you in Wildlex. IUCN and its licensors are the sole and exclusive owners of all right, title and interest, including trademarks, copyrights, trade names, trade secrets and other intellectual property rights, contained in the data and software of Wildlex. Except as may otherwise be expressly permitted any copying, browsing, redistribution, publication, or commercial exploitation of any material contained on or otherwise made available to you on Wildlex is strictly prohibited. You may make one back-up copy of the data from Wildlex for your own personal use; however, you may not otherwise copy, modify, adapt, reproduce, translate, reverse engineer, or decompile any aspects or parts of the Wildlex.
3. Sub-license. All forms of sub-licensing, reselling, republication or other forms of redistribution of any of the data in their original format, either whole or in part, alone or combined with other data or software used in Wildlex, by any means including (but not limited to) Internet posting, electronic mailing, faxing, archiving in a public data, redistributing via a computer network or in printed form, to any third party, are strictly prohibited.
IUCN may deny you access to all or part of Wildlex without notice if you engage in any conduct or activities that IUCN believe violates any term of this Agreement.
4. Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitations on Liability. NEITHER IUCN OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS, OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO AND USE OF WILDLEX WILL BE FREE FROM INTERRUPTIONS OR FREE FROM ERRORS, NOR THAT ANY INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE FROM OR RELATED TO THE DATA IS FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; NO WARRANTY IS MADE AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF WILDLEX, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICE PROVIDED THROUGH WILDLEX.
WILDLEX IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MARCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL IUCN BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS OR PROFITS, OR FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, WILDLEX EVEN IF IUCN WAS PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY OTHER CLAIM BY YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON.
You further expressly acknowledge and agree that information, text, graphics, and hyperlinks provided to you through Wildlex and located on other sites throughout the combined global electronic networks known as the Internet and the World-Wide-Web are provided solely as a resource and a convenience to you. Such hyperlinks to other sites are not an endorsement by IUCN of those sites. IUCN does not make any warranty, either express or implied, as to the accuracy, reliability, or content of such information, text, graphics, and hyperlinks. IUCN has not tested any software located on other sites and they make no representation as to the quality, safety, reliability or suitability of such software.
Under no circumstances shall IUCN or its affiliates or licensors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages that result in any way from your use, non-use or reliance upon the Data, or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletions, errors, or defects in the Data, or delays in their operation, transmission or failure of performance.
5. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold IUCN and its affiliates harmless from any and all claims, loses, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of or related to any violation of this Agreement by you or any authorized users of your account.
6. Termination. Either you or IUCN may terminate this User Agreement at any time, effective immediately, with or without prior notice to the other party. Termination of this Agreement automatically terminates your license to use Wildlex and any content or other material contained therein. The provisions of Section 4, 5, 7 and 8 shall survive any termination of this User Agreement.
7. Governing Law; Disputes. This User Agreement shall be governed by general principles of law, to the exclusion of any single national system of law. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising under or pursuant to this User Agreement shall be settled by mutual agreement. If the Parties are unable to reach agreement on any question in dispute, either party shall have the right to request arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law. The Parties agree to be bound by any arbitration ruling rendered in accordance with the above, as the final adjudication of any such dispute. Nothing contained in or related to this User Agreement shall be deemed a waiver, express or implied, of the privileges and immunities of IUCN.
8. Miscellaneous. This User Agreement and any IUCN policies relating to your operation and use of Wildlex constitute the entire agreement and understanding between IUCN and you with respect to the subject matter hereof. The provisions of this User Agreement shall inure to the benefit of IUCN and its third-party content providers and licensors. No waiver by any party hereto of any of the provisions hereof or of any breach or other default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.
9. User Feedback
We seek feedback from our users in order to improve the service offered by Wildlex. Please send feedback by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Providing feedback is voluntary and does not affect in any way your access to Wildlex.
Information you provide will only be used for the purpose for which it was requested and will not be distributed further, or disclosed, without your consent.
Note: IUCN agrees to use its best effort to ensure security to Wildlex users in order to avoid any infringement of the transmission of information over the internet. However, IUCN recognizes that there can be risks associated with the transmission of information over the internet, for which IUCN shall not be held responsible.
IUCN is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the Wildlex Web site and governs data collection and usage. By using the Wildlex website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Collection of your Personal Information
Wildlex collects information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically provided to the Wildlex server. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is used by Wildlex for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Wildlex Web site.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through Wildlex public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others. Note: Wildlex does not read any of your private online communications.
Wildlex contains links to other sites but is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites outside of the Wildlex sites. Therefore, IUCN encourages you to review the privacy statements of the Web sites you choose to link to from Wildlex so that you can understand how those Web sites collect, use and share your information..
Use of your Personal Information
Wildlex does not have any pages requesting from you any sensitive personally identifiable information. You may communicate with IUCN by e-mail. In this case IUCN collects and uses your personal information to operate the Wildlex Web site and deliver the services you have requested. IUCN also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from IUCN and its affiliates. IUCN may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
IUCN does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. IUCN may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, IUCN may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to IUCN, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
IUCN does not use or disclose sensitive personal information without your explicit consent.
IUCN keeps track of the Web sites and pages our customers visit within Wildlex, in order to determine what Wildlex services are the most popular. This data may be used to deliver customized content and advertising within Wildlex to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
IUCN will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on IUCN or the Wildlex site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of IUCN or the Wildlex site; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Wildlex, or the public.
If you are under 18, be sure to obtain your parent’s or guardian’s permission before you send any information about yourself ( your name, address, e-mail address, ect.) to us or anyone else over the internet. We encourage parents to get involved with their children’s use of the internet and to be aware of the activities in which they are participating.
The Wildlex Web site uses "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Wildlex pages, or register with Wildlex site or services, a cookie helps Wildlex to recall your specific information on subsequent visits.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Wildlex services or Web sites you visit.
Security of your Personal Information
As mentioned, Wildlex does not have any pages requesting from you your user Id, password and/or any sensitive personally identifiable information. Wildlex partner sites or the sites found by the search may have such pages. It is your responsibility to check in each specific case if the pages secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Changes to this Statement
IUCN will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect customer feedback. IUCN encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how Wildlex is protecting your information.
IUCN welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that IUCN and/or the Wildlex site has not adhered to this Statement, please contact the Wildlex team at email@example.com. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.